Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you like helping others? Nebraska Furniture Mart is looking for a Customer Service Lead to resolve pre and post-delivery customer inquiries. If you have a knack for creative problem solving, working with, and coaching a team, and providing timely customer satisfaction, this is the job for you!
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
Assist: Provide world-class customer service
- Resolve situations for customers in a prompt, accurate, and friendly manner
- Create positive experiences and build relationships to enhance customer loyalty
- Follow up with customer concerns, issues, needs in a timely manner
- Model the HEAT method: Hear them out, Empathize, Apologize, and Take-Action
Evaluate: Listen to the needs of the customer to determine what service is necessary to meet or exceed expectations
- Research and review customer accounts
- Check status of merchandise and recommend service options based on their needs and expectations while maintaining NFM policies and parameters
Process: Process returns, exchanges, refunds, cancelations, credit memos, adjustments, and service claims accurately and in a timely manner
Lead Be Your Best & Represent NFM at the Highest Level: Be a kind, helpful, and courteous Team Player. Complete training and be eager to continue to learn new things
- First Impressions: Committed to making professional first impressions through dress, eye contact, listening to teammates
- Lead by Example: Seek information to share with your team, greet customers, be present and aware, consistently model NFM Core Values
- Provide Quality Coaching: Positive feedback, specific and well balanced
- Recognition: Timely, meaningful recognition of staff
- Decision Making: Research and provide effective solutions to resolve issues.
- Teamwork: Provide prompt, professional and polite service to all staff, conflict resolution, maintain a flexible work schedule. Responsible as a Floor Manager to observe, coach, assist staff
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 – 5 years of customer service experience
- 1 year lead or supervisor experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- English/Spanish bilingual speakers preferred
- Ability to work a minimum of one weekend shift, evenings, and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
- As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer