Whether you’re looking to switch jobs, change fields, or transform your whole career outlook, a career coach can help you make the transition with ease. Omaha Skills Connection career readiness program provide skills that are transferable to any career pathway, these real world skills include:
- Applied Academic Skills: English, Construction Math, Basic Literacy
- Critical Thinking Skills: Problem Solving, Organization & Planning
- Personal Finances: Money Management, Credit Score, Financial Goals
- Interpersonal Skills: Leadership, Teamwork & Negotiation
- Building Social Capital: Networking and Mentoring Opportunities
- Technology Use: Computer Literacy Skills Development
Crown Academy’s youth mentoring program is an educational initiative that provides low-income youth with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to succeed designed to address the achievement gap for low-income students in STEAM fields, which has been identified as a critical issue facing communities in North Omaha.
Financial literacy focuses on concepts needed to manage money and build wealth, depending on an individual’s situation. It may mean learning how to create and manage a household budget, learning how to invest money for retirement, or participating in one-on-one coaching and counseling. The overall strategy is to increase economic security for participants.
5 Pillars of Community Impact:
Omaha Skills Connections approach to achieving a brighter future for residents of North Omaha will be accomplished through these Pillars of Community Impact:
1. To eliminate barriers for participants by providing career readiness opportunities.
2. To employ a disciplined, dynamic, dedicated and well-trained team of workforce professionals.
3. To secure long-term financial success and fiscal integrity for participants through financial literacy coaching.
4. To create a network of collaborations between public, private, non-profit organizations working directly with education stakeholders to help close today’s skills gap.
5. To provide students with access to experienced mentors and engaging, project-based learning opportunities, Crown Academy aims to increase interest and confidence in STEM-related subjects and academic performance.
About the program.
Omaha Skills Connection is a non-profit organization established as a result of the post pandemic era to help bridge the skills gap between education, technology and today’s workforce. Omaha needs an educated, flexible and dynamic workforce in today’s knowledge based economy.
Preparing you for success,
every step of the way.
Crown Academy’s youth mentoring program is an educational initiative that provides low-income youth with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to succeed.
Financial literacy focuses on concepts needed to manage money and build wealth, depending on an individual’s situation.
Omaha Skills Connection career readiness program provide skills that are transferable to any career pathway, regardless what skill set is required.