Job Lead: Join Sodexo’s growing team of skilled environmental services workers.
This position would be a Part-Time position and would be based at the #1 Ranked hospital in Nebraska, Nebraska Medicine 4300 Emile St. Omaha, NE. The main campus is conveniently located on the bus line. Pay range is $16.50-$19.00/hour and based on experience.
- Cleans offices, patients’/residents’ rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance repairs or additions observed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including the operation of snow removal equipment
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Please use the link below to watch a short video featuring current employees and details about the position
Patient area Housekeeper: https://vimeo.com/586758480
We are pleased to offer a HIRING BONUS of up to $375 for some positions at the hospital.
This position has the following shift times available: 1st shift 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday – Monday, 2nd shift-3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Saturday-Monday
We offer shift differentials, 10% for second shift and 15% for third shift!
*Position requires working weekends and holidays*
Benefits include FREE Metro Area Transit privileges, FREE work out facilities, employee discounts, as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career with Sodexo.
We are searching for people who want to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Environmental services are one of the most crucial areas in healthcare and is in need of dedicated people that are detail orientated, can manage time productively, and are genuinely friendly and willing to work. These positions are critical to the excellent patient care provided by our client, Nebraska Medicine. Sodexo’s mission: Service spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress are the driving force for our Environmental services staff to provide quality services that create an on-going value for all those we serve. Sodexo’s Healthcare services believes that “Patients are at the heart of everything we do”, and we are searching for those dedicated candidates to help us provide clean, sanitized areas for patients, guests and staff of Nebraska Medicine.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience, high school diploma or GED, age requirement of 18 or older, good working knowledge, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, maintain high standards (sanitation), positive attitude and the willingness to be open to learning and growing in the industry.
Sodexo, as the world’s 19th largest employer, puts its employees at the heart of the company. Sodexo was founded in 1966 and is now the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services. For over 50 years, we have developed unique expertise, backed by nearly 470,000 employees in 67 countries.
Based on passion and experience, let us find the right fit for you in one of the many opportunities Sodexo Environmental services has to offer.
Sodexo – Quality of Life Services
The Environmental Svc Attendant may work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities, client requirements and applicable industry standards.
- General Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Possess a valid driver’s license if required to drive a vehicle
- Certifications: Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).